WMC: January 2019
As you may know, the Foodbank is an initiative which the Community Church provide legal 'housing for', having initiated it, but it has always been a multi church initiative. The current manager, Elaine, is moving away from Wantage.
They are currently looking for anyone who would be interested in joining the team. Ideally, two or three people to make sure that no one person is carrying too much. The roles which will need filling include:
· Organisation of the phone & emails
· Checking email daily
· Supervising rotas
· Weekly rota reminder and update
· Organisation of the store room at the Beacon
· Supervise collection of donations
· Organise/ manage Harvest donations
· Organise the Christmas Hampers
· General admin and record keeping
· Occasional talks / giving information to local churches / schools / groups.
They would be more than happy for two people (or more) to share the above jobs between them. If you are interested or would like to know more please contact Foodbank onWantageandgrovefoodbank@gmail.com or contact Keith (763321)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On Sunday 23 June, Wantage Methodist Church will be hosting a youth event for 11-18 year olds. There will be lunch, workshops and worship and the special guest will be Jasmine Yeboah, the Methodist Youth President. To register or for more information, contact Jane Kent. ...
The emergency envelope appeal that the church held on behalf of All We Can to alleviate the flooding disaster in Malawi has so far raised £927 of which £771 was gift aided, which will increase the total to about...